Barbara L. Sordia re-joined her heavenly family and gained her wings on July 15th, 2020 after a heartfelt battle with COVID-19 virus, she was 66 years old. It would be wrong to say that Barbara lost her battle because she never stopped fighting. No matter how sick she was, she was always determined. Through her, we know what resilience and perseverance truly looks like because there was no quit in her. She fought to the very end until there was no longer any fight left in her.
She was a loving spirit whose passion was caring for others. She worked two jobs, one in her father’s doctor’s office and the other in a nursing home on the weekends. She did all of this while caring for her two young children. She was our superwoman, now she is our angel watching over us.
Barbara L. Sordia is survived by her siblings, Jose Gabriel “Dody” López Jr. (Deidre) , Maria Isabel Martinez (Joe), Maria Teresa López, Jose Ricardo López (Nick), and Debra Ann López López (Salvador), her 2 children, Veronica Mendez (Flavio) and Larry Sordia Jr (Lisa), and 5 grandchildren, Cameron, Aaliyah, Elijah, Jacob, and Adriana. She was preceded in death by her parents, Dr. J.G. López-Plascencia and Nellie Gano López.
Private services will be held. Condolences and Hugs from Home may be expressed at www.whitneymurphyfuneralhome.com
- My dear childhood friend, I will miss you. I’m grateful for … by Martha Draper
- To the Lopez & Sordia family… My deepest condolences to … by Daniel Melendez
- I’m so sorry. My heart goes out to the family . Its been awhile … by Carrie Lopez
- Lopez Family, I just want say how kind she was to me through … by Nancy Musser
- We are holding your family close in love and prayer. Our … by Dave and Jess Peranteau
- Plus 5 more…