John Glenn Thorley, 88, of Sun City, AZ passed away Aug. 5, 2016. Born in Homeworth, OH, he moved to Glendale, AZ in 1947. A veteran of the US Army, he served in the Korean War. After his service he worked for the City of Scottsdale retiring in 1989. He was a member of the First Baptist Church of Sun City. He is survived by his wife Betty, of 63 years; children Patricia Thorley, Cynthia Thorley Miller & Jim, and John Glenn Thorley III & Kathy; brothers Olin Thorley and Harlo Thorley & Carolyn; 8 grandchildren, 17 great-grandchildren and 1 great-great-grandchild. Visitation will be 5-7 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 11, 2016 at Menke Funeral Home, 12420 N. 103rd Ave., Sun City. Funeral service will be at 12:00 noon, Friday, Aug. 12, 2016 at First Baptist Church of Sun City, 11019 W. Peoria Ave., Sun City, AZ with interment to follow at Sunland Memorial Park in Sun City.
Helpful Links about: Funeral Services, Cremation and Funeral Planning
Local Funeral Home Directions | Sun City, AZ Obituaries | Menke Funeral Home, Sun City, AZ
- Sorry for your loss, me and my sister Jessica just found out … by Wil McGregor
- Dear grandma my deepest sympathy to you of the passing of … by glenda hilburn
- To Betty and family;my children and I will all miss Glenn.Anna … by Christine Spalding
- My deepest sympathy to My sister Betty & family, when your … by Virginia Dukes
- My heart felt sympathy to you Betty and your family, although … by Margaret Seals