Anthony “Tony” Amodeo, 69 of Phoenix, AZ, passed into the waiting arms of Jesus on Saturday, August 10, 2019.
Tony is survived by his wife Jacki, children; Kristy (Ken) and Ryan (Taylor), grandchildren; Sullivan and Audrey and anxiously awaiting the arrival of Greysen, sister; Barbara Montoya (Erick), Aunt Grace and Uncle Bill. Numerous cousins and extended family, and a tremendous number of friends.
Tony was a very devoted family man and his grandchildren especially were his whole world. He loved everyone he met, and some became close as family.
Tony was a member of the Gideons International and with the Gideons he was able to fulfill his passion of sharing his faith and the word of God.
Tony attended ASU and was an avid Sun Devil Fan – football, basketball, baseball, etc.
A Visitation will be held on Friday, August 23, 2019 from 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm at Whitney & Murphy Funeral Home, 4800 E. Indian School Road, Phoenix. Funeral Service will be Saturday, August 24, 2019 with a visitation at 9:00 am and Funeral at 9:30 am at Sovereign Grace Church, 1280 N. Cooper Road, Gilbert. Reception at church at 11:00 am. Private Graveside.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Gideons International.
- Dear Family, I am very sorry for your loss. It is no doubt a … by Meghan
- Wow! I can’t believe this news of Tony’s passing . Just … by Erin Schulman
- Tony was a great friend over the years. Loved Jesus and always … by Jeff Schulman Sr
- Tony was a true friend and brother in Christ. One of the … by Everett and Carrol Thomas
- Where to start. I met Tony thru my husband thru the Gideons. … by Erika Estrada
- Plus 3 more…