Roman Alvarez, 43, passed away peacefully on Friday, March 26, 2021. He was born in El Paso, TX to Pete and Jobie Alvarez and moved to Arizona to attend Arizona State University. He loved Arizona so much that after college he decided to stay and called it his “new” home.
Roman was a smart, compassionate, caring, protective, and a loving man. He had unwavering love, joy, and pride for his daughter, Kaitlyn and ASU. His passion for life and love for his family, friends, and fraternity brothers were evident is his quest to always want to be busy “doing anything” with others.
He lived life to the fullest and he will be deeply missed by all that had the great fortune to know him.
Roman is survived by: his daughter, Kaitlyn Alvarez; father, Pete Alvarez; mother, Jobie Alvarez; brother, Efren Alvarez; Niece, AJ Alvarez ; Nephew, Moi Alvarez; grandma’s; aunts; uncles; cousins; Tau Psi Omega Fraternity brothers; and many, many friends.
A visitation will be held on Saturday, April 10, 2021 from 10:00 – 1:00 PM at Whitney & Murphy Funeral Home, 4800 E. Indian School Road, Phoenix. A reception will follow. Condolences and Hugs from Home may be expressed at www.whitneymurphyfuneralhome.com
In Lieu of flowers, please make a donation to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, https://www.stjude.org/donate/donate-to-st-jude.html
“I do it for the kids.”
- Our deepest condolences during this very difficult time. Words … by Frances & Randy Hess
- Mijo, I will miss you so much and all the love and laughter you … by Yvonne Chacon
- My brother, my heart is heavy knowing that you are no longer … by Christopher Erran
- Jobie, Efrén, Kaitlyn, Pete & family – sending love to you … by Missy
- My (and my family) deepest condolences to Pete, Jobie, Efren, … by Paul Torres
- Plus 3 more…